Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Food Post - Festive Watermelon

For those that know me (and I hope a lot of you are getting to know me) you will know I am not a bit cooking inclined - but every now and then something catches my eye and I think - i could do that, and I may even want to do that. So when i saw this image on Pinterest I thought it would make a great summer Christmas dessert.
Image via Wit & Whistle
I tried this out during the week with the idea of using the star shape watermelon on the fruit skewers at my son's birthday party this weekend- worked a treat - but I would recommend using a half / whole watermelon and not a quarter as you would end up with less wastage.

5 comments:

  1. Such a great idea! I'm going to give it a go over Christmas for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg what a cool idea they look fantastic! come feb 14th some heart shaped ones would make a snazzy valentines breakfast no? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea! My girls love watermelon! I'm going to do this today!! Ta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate found you through Jill's blog hop. I love papers too- especially retro and vintage ones. I am now following from not too far away, just up here in Brissie. Hope you can pop over to Elle and Lou also.
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe is right up my alley - healthy, easy to make and looks great..now we just need some hot weather :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...