Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Wall Decorations - Bit of This, Bit of That


For today’s blog I thought I would share with you my efforts at decorating my son’s bedroom walls. It has probably taken me over a year to fill it all– but I have to say I am very happy with the end result (no prizes for guessing my son’s name!)
The short wall has a green painted jungle sillouette (cost less than $5) which I finished before Ollie was born


The window wall has two aqua bump pics which my very best girlfriends gave to us for our engagement and one of my "peg it up" lines which i rotate pictures on (blatant self promotion - you can buy them here in packs of 7 or 10 pegs!) 
The final (long) wall is the one I have been working on. From left to right:


1.      Handmade name sign
2.      My Sweetprint Counting Poster which the lovely Janette kindly changed to Portuguese for me - so now was can count to ten in Portuguese when changing nappes
3.      Handmade Ollie’s first shoes – see my blog post about how to make these here
4.      (top and middle) framed postcards from Inaluxe (purchased in a pack of 8) 
5.   Oliver name – artwork by Paul Thurlby
6.      Prints by Red Letter Studio – these were originally greeting cards, but the very kind Samone re-sized them for me to frame

So that’s it. What do you think? I have to admit it makes me smile whenever I go in (maybe not first thing in the morning at 6.30 though).

What great decorating ideas have you seen for little ones room?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,

    Thanks so much for mentioning and linking about my print. Oliver's room is so sweet! I love the picture wall and that jungle silhouette is fantastic! I hope you're enjoying your Monday and we'll have to catch up one monday soon!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! You are such a yummy mummy style GURU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work, thats awesome that it makes you smile each time you enter. I am still yet to make the frame with the new born shoes. Will have to revisit that post on 'how to'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments all.
    Janette - you are most welcome. Absolutly we will have to catch up soon.
    Sar - you know i love your son's room - which will be all the better now with his bedtime poster
    Kylie - it just feels complete some how. Will work on the how to tutorial this week - stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks great Kate! I love the name Oliver, my brother in law is an Ollie!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...